The motto of NID is Hands on, minds on and that is clearly reflected in the entrance exam paper. The other thing to clear NID is thought process and sketching skill.
NID was established in 1961, and has been a centre for design education, practice and research since then.
NID as an ‘Institution of National Importance’ was published in Government of India’s Gazette on 18th July, 2014.
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
The four-year-long Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) programme is offered only at NID Ahmedabad in the following areas of specialisation:
Faculty of Industrial Design
- Ceramic & Glass Design (10 seats)
- Furniture & Interior Design (10 seats)
- Product Design (15 seats)
Faculty of Communication Design
- Animation Film Design (15 seats)
- Exhibition Design (10 seats)
- Film & Video Communication (10 seats)
- Graphic Design (15 se
Faculty of Textile,
Apparel, Lifestyle and Accessory Design
- Textile Design (15 seats)
• Successful candidates admitted to B.Des Programme at NID Ahmedabad will be required to attend a mandatory foundation programme of one-year duration. Allotment of a discipline of choice is based on a candidate’s merit and choice only after successful completion of the foundation programme. Number of seats for Indian Nationals in Bachelor of Design programme, including reserved categories is One Hundred (100). Prescribed percentage of seats are reserved for candidates (Indian nationals) belonging to various reserved categories as per the Government of India guidelines.
• The total number of seats for Foreign Nationals under overseas (supernumerary) candidates is Fifteen (15).