NATA 2018: The Council of Architecture (CoA) has announced NATA result on June 4. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture was conducted on April 29 for admission to 5-year B.Arch program. The exam was held in 2 parts, Part A (Maths and General Aptitude – Online) and Part B (Drawing – Offline). Intermediate graduates or Diploma holders seeking admissions to 5-year Architecture Program offered across the country could apply online at learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2018.
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, there are certain parameters that a candidate must fulfil. They are as follows:
10+2 graduates or appearing with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
10+3 Diploma holders (any stream)/ appearing recognised by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
There is no minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2018 if the candidate satisfies NATA Eligibility Criteria
There are not any lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch course.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
NATA 2018 Exam Date – April 29, 2018
The Council of Architecture or CoA defines the exam pattern for NATA exam. Highlights of the exam are as follows:
- NATA 2018 is conducted in two parts namely Part A and Part B. online
- Part A comprises 60 questions that are objective in nature.
- Part B has two questions to be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
Sectional Distributions is outlined below:
|Part Name||Section Name||No. of Questions * Marks|
|Total||62 Questions = 200 marks|
NATA 2018 Syllabus
NATA Syllabus has not seen any changes over the years. CoA has also released the official syllabus on the official website. Important topics are elaborated below:
NATA Syllabus for Mathematics
|Coordinate Geometry||3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry|
|Theory of Calculus||Application of Calculus|
|Permutation and combination||Statistics and Probability|
NATA Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects or texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
Syllabus for Drawing Test
- Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast, conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory,
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, generating a plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urbanscape and landscape common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
Ques. What is the procedure to give marks or judge the drawing aptitude of a candidate?
Ans. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- A sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Highlights of NATA 2018
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Official Website||www.nata.in OR www.learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2018|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Expected Registration for NATA 2018||60000+|
|Exam Date||April 29, 2018|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen – Paper Based|
|Score Validity||One year only|
|NATA Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 01179412100|
NATA 2018 Exam Dates
COA released the official notification of NATA 2018 on January 3, 2018. Tabulated below are other important events related to the exam.
|Availability of NATA Application Form||January 18 – March 30, 2018|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||April 17, 2018|
|Date and Time of Examination||April 29, 2018 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Declaration of NATA Result||June 6, 2018 (Declared)|